blind_injustice

the Black Engine Bay Masters!

I got pulled over today by 2 under cover police officers lol. I drive a turbo 180 and on my p's only got my licence a week ago and dont have an exemption for a turbo.

One of the officers put his flash light in my engine bay and was looking straight at the turbo like DEAD staring at it.

He asked me 'are you aware you need an exemption for high powered cars' i played stupid and asked whats an exemption

He replied u need one for turbo charged cars or v8's' i replied.....its just a 4 cylinder

The cop spend another 15 mins looking at my turbo probably thinking 'is this a turbo??? i don't want to look stupid and say it is but then become wrong'

I then got let off with only $117 fine for being to low :)

Only mods:

Black Top SR20DET T25 @ 12psi (GFB Bleed Valve)

Cusco Coiloivers

3" Nismo Exhaust

12746470_1666302536954826_1413083635_n.jpg?oh=f8d6bc1f89cd84aa67244a8fd287127c&oe=56C97C58&__gda__=1456045150_5c336822be2d6e23a21133b6fe443d35

Any chance you could upload that pic again? doesn't work for me. or is that just me?

Sleeper outside looks std and engine bay looks almost std bar pod filter

Mine previously 266rwkw

WINNING!

Trying to bring it back...

Obviously on a street car I would be running a OEM Type manifold, probably internal gate, and a few other bits to look more OEM.

Today I think they'd care more about the full cage, sheetmetal interior and single seat, 40mm ground clearance and the 18x12 VSKF's out back. Still rego'd but I haven't driven it for two years. Close though.

IMG_1423.jpg

Forged RB25, with GReddy TD06 20g 10cm turbo kit, should make around 350kw on final tuning.

Edited by rotaheadrx7
  • Upvote 1

Running a GT2860RS & CES dump pipe, everything else is in plain sight if you know what you're looking at.

20170702_154254web.jpg

Running a GT2860RS & CES dump pipe, everything else is in plain sight if you know what you're looking at.

Nice fitment with the Z32 afm on the factory airbox.

Is the egr working?

Is the egr working?

The Z32 AFM is a real tight fit with the factory airbox.

No, the EGR (most of it) is just there for appearance sake, it is not connected.

• Upvote 1

Is the egr working?

No, the EGR (most of it) is just there for appearance sake, it is not connected.

What sort of intercooler are you running? what sort of power are you making?

Have you had trouble with IAT temps being high with that setup?

I'm looking into doing something similar. I'm currently running a cooling pro just jap ARC copy return flow using the stock pipes - I want to avoid having to go front mount or engine bay mount with custom pipes etc but still want to pull reliable 250rwkw or so.

Thanks

Is the egr working?

What sort of intercooler are you running? what sort of power are you making?

Have you had trouble with IAT temps being high with that setup?

I'm looking into doing something similar. I'm currently running a cooling pro just jap ARC copy return flow using the stock pipes - I want to avoid having to go front mount or engine bay mount with custom pipes etc but still want to pull reliable 250rwkw or so.

Thanks

I'm using an ARC sidemount at the moment, and along with the factory airbox the tuner advised that there are slight disadvantages in running this set up if purely shooting for power figures. This set up nets an easy, reliable 190kW rwkw which is more than enough for what I need. You would be looking at a larger turbo charger to net 250rwkW.

Only really have temp issues on warmer days on track where the sessions (not drifting) can run up to 20 minutes, by which time the tyres are about due for a break anyway. By the next session everything is back to normal.

The set up I use is mainly to keep the car registerable in NSW and so I can return it to stock fairly easily and quickly as overall it's in pretty good condition and saleable. I would consider a turnflow arrangement in future if I find the current power delivery lacking.

noticed the feed/return lines for your filter are braided, and you have them half covered with black rubber wrap.

No offence, but have you ever thought of getting them wrapped up to the joiners so you cant see the braided lines at all?

Also, with your ic pipe joines, ever thought of going black with them too?

btw: LOVE what you have done with the bay, how many rwkw?

smilesmile\X3.png

Running Cammed LS1. With inlet manifold and extractors. 

enginebay2.jpg