Sign in to follow this  
robbo

KKr 430 turbo on rb20det

whos got one of these turbo's on there car and how does it perform. i am wanting aorund 230kw out of my rb20det. anyone reached this firgure or close to ? what mods. etc etc give me feedback people

whos got one of these turbo's on there car and how does it perform. i am wanting aorund 230kw out of my rb20det. anyone reached this firgure or close to ? what mods. etc etc give me feedback people

hey mate...

a mate of mine had one on his r33-gts-t... pulled about 230rwkw... although it was a bitch to put on and didn't last too long... i know they are cheap but ur better off gettin somethin like a garrett and it will cost u much less in the end...

although some ppl have said good things about KKR and have had no problems with them yet it's just a cheap alternative i guess.

his mods were as follows: bigger fuel pump, fuel pressure reg, bigger injectors, boost controller, fmic, apexi power fc, exhaust, pod... was running about 20psi... still using stock afm so it woulda pulled abit more with a z32 afm...

turbo lasted him bout 1 yr... now he's upgraded to garrett...

have a search on skylines australia, been covered heaps there, some seem to be good, others are not....

As said above some say there good same say bad.... Ive seen one of these on an RB25 make around 220rwkw on mild boost around 1 bar. One of my mates used to have a 2535 on his RB20 made around 250 rwkw but ran a lot of boost i think around 1.3 bar.

Personally spend the extra $ and get a decent Garrett or HKS turbo.

i looked into it... but ur spending so much money anyways, u may as well do it right the first time... cheap turbos are good for the first 10000kms... after that forget it

a good mate of mine just sold his rb20 cefiro

microtech

kkr430

internally stock

make 210kw

it was pushed HARD!!! and was still going well when the car was sold after being on there for a bit over a year

ive got one on my cefiro, made 200rwk easy, only thing stopping it from making more is the injectors. pulls hard once its on boost, its been going strong for 2 years odd now :) . i cant see why it wouldnt make 220-230 ish rwk with the right supporting mods :D

any advice as to wot turbo to tun on an rb20 then to support 230 odd killowats with as good as possible response??

speak to str8e180.....

he's the turbo god! lol....

however i'm running a 3076 .63 rear and full boost is around 39-4000rpm... i'm at 220 however my tune is beyond rich!

i'm getting it fixed next week and should be good for 240ish.... then the bottom end becomes weak, turbo is good for much more but motor needs to be strengthened....

any advice as to wot turbo to tun on an rb20 then to support 230 odd killowats with as good as possible response??

HKS 2530

+ injectors + pump + tune = easy 230rwkw

speak to str8e180.....

he's the turbo god! lol....

however i'm running a 3076 .63 rear and full boost is around 39-4000rpm... i'm at 220 however my tune is beyond rich!

i'm getting it fixed next week and should be good for 240ish.... then the bottom end becomes weak, turbo is good for much more but motor needs to be strengthened....

haha yeh.. i wouldnt say its for a rb20 though :P he hates them! hahaha