Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 907
180sx oil cooler kits - Hardtuned.net

180sx oil cooler kits 

10 replies to this topic

#1 davidg2152

• Car:S13 SR20DET

Posted 12 February 2017 - 09:48 AM

OK so race car is good to go. I did notice after a few laps last time out I was losing oil pressure a little after the car had done 5 or so laps. I want to add an oil cooler to assist.

I have looked at a number of options including trust / greddy and am somewhat intrigued by the China GPlus bangers on fleabay.

I am reluctant to buy something crap but they actually seem to be pretty decent.

Any suggestions or proven kits guys?

#2 Varvs

• Car:97 180sx Type X

Posted 13 February 2017 - 09:58 AM

you'll want some kind of thermostat to regulate oil temp as well.

I have been looking at those kits also. combined with a decent thermostat and oil filter block they should be fine.

#3 The Big Fist

• Car:s15

Posted 13 February 2017 - 11:07 AM

Not sure I would worry about thermostat on race car, unless you are doing hill climbs.

#4 davidg2152

Posted 18 February 2017 - 08:06 AM

Yeah ive been told to just cover it in car board as i will be hillclimbing.
so everyone think this Gplus ebay job by silicone Corp is worth a punt?

#5 Kirksil13

• Car:S15

Posted 18 February 2017 - 12:06 PM

I have the Gplus oil cooler kit inc thermostat fitted on my s15. Had no problems with it over the last 6 months and the oil temps sit around 80 in summer during daily driving. I have yet to take it to the track and test its full capabilities though.

#6 The Big Fist

• Car:s15

Posted 20 February 2017 - 10:51 AM

I just googled it.
For the price you can't go wrong.
Even if you make up your own hoses and just use the cooler and adapters.

#7 Dose Pipe Sutututu

• Car:Boat Sutututuutu

Posted 20 February 2017 - 07:37 PM

Run a thermostat, trust me.

#8 pmod

• Car:Fruity 180sx

Posted 21 February 2017 - 08:38 AM

I'd personally look for a similar Chinese kit that's designed as an oil relocation with integrated thermostat, same concept as the Gplus oil cooler kit but not a spin-on version, then get one of TAARKS bolt on relocation blocks. Considering how many threads have been raised in the past on Nissan forums regarding snapped oil filter mount tubes (the threaded tube you screw the filter onto) due to the load of spin-on adapters, I'm not sure that I'd be keen to have that on a race car.

The worst that's likely to happen with a bolt-on relocation block is a minor leak, as there's nothing under load that could shear off. If the filter thread snaps, you could quickly dump a lot of oil on the track, which could have dire consequences for you and everyone else travelling at speed around bends.

#9 davidg2152

Posted 23 February 2017 - 03:38 AM

Good idea mate. I will admit with the new sump, GKTECH fan, shroud and new radiator I had absolutely no heating issues. I think it was more towards the end of each session the oil was heating up and had a minor drop in oil pressure but nothing to worry about.

I will have a good dig.

#10 shnoog

Posted 25 February 2017 - 10:36 PM

this is the kind of one you want, the mocal knock offs.

http://www.ebay.com....gsAAOSw5cNYazxq

I've used only china coolers on my cars for year and these are by far the best quality. I don't even think you can get the blue painted ones anymore. I've had one of the old blue ones you could get almost explode on me when i didn't set my dry sump pump pressure correctly and it saw over 100psi briefly. It basically ballooned out of shape. Entirely my fault though. A thermostat is a waste of time. Been there done that. i have one sitting in a box because i doubt I'll ever use it again.

#11 davidg2152

Posted 26 February 2017 - 09:33 AM

yeah nice mate and do you suggest using their lines etc as a full kit?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!